As the social advertising market grows to a projected $11 billion by 2017, mobile users become an ever more important target. Read on to learn why savvy marketers are targeting mobile social network users.
Mobile Social Marketing Benchmarks:
As the social advertising market grows to a projected $11billion by 2017, mobile users become an ever more important target. Read on to learn why savvy marketers are targeting mobile social network users.
MOBILE ISN’T COMING SOON – IT’S ALREADY HERE
In many countries, consumers use mobile devices as their primary access point for social networks, and the US is quickly catching up.
- Mobile pageviews on LinkedIn are up 250% in 2013
- 40% of YouTube video plays in the US now come from mobile
- Global shipments of tablets will eclipse personal computers in 2015
- Mobile Twitter users 79% more likely to be on Twitter several times a day
- Mobile Pinterest usage increased 60x last year
- 59% of Yelp searches come from mobile
MOBILE USERS SHARE TWICE AS OFTEN
- Mobile users share content more often than desktop users, so they can extend content’s reach while boosting engagement.
- Pinterest content is shared nearly 3x more often on mobile than desktop
- Mobile users are 66% more likely to retweet
- Facebook Fan page posts from mobile devices are 39% more engaging
SHARING AS A PERCENTAGE OF TOTAL ACTIVITY
- Desktop: 4.1%
- Mobile: 7.7%
SMART MARKETERS ARE ALREADY TARGETING MOBILE USERS
- Smart marketers are already taking advantage of organic content and paid advertising strategies to reach mobile users.
- Mobile advertising is 41% of Facebook’s revenue and Facebook has 16% marketshare of global mobile advertising.
- On August 29, The Gap did a takeover of Tumblr’s entire mobile ad inventory while highlighting user-submitted organic content
- Mobile advertising is $350M (~25%) of YouTube’s revenue
UNIFIED’S TIPS FOR MOBILE SOCIAL MARKETING SUCCESS
- PIN: Make sure your pinned posts are relevant to mobile visitors
- TARGET: If you’re aiming video at Facebook users, target users connected via WiFi
- CHECK: Make sure content looks good in mobile feeds before posting it
- ENABLE: Maximize sharing by making your content easily shareable from mobile devices
- PLAN: If you post a link, make sure it’s to a mobile-friendly page
techcrunch.com, unifiedsocial.com, fastcompany.com, mashable.com, bloomberg.com, facebook.com, sfgate.com, engadget.com, sharethis.com, paidcontent.org, emarketer.com, socialfresh.com