Companies are struggling to deal with the flood of personal devices coming into workplace. Success in managing all of those devices, as well as the apps and content on those devices, requires a well-thought out BYOD program.
Here are six success factors that IT managers should keep in mind when crafting a BYOD program:
- design your BYOD program to protect your most valuable asset/data;
- plan for growth in the number and types of mobile devices;
- engineer your BYOD program to accommodate cloud services and apps;
- carefully analyze the hidden costs of BYOD;
- provide apps and functions that employees want so that you can keep them within your reach;
- ensure that employees’ private data remains private.
(article by F.Donovan)